Current:Home > reviewsRekubit Exchange:Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -LegacyCapital
Rekubit Exchange:Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
Surpassing Quant Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 21:04:33
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party,Rekubit Exchange which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (1623)
Related
- Jamaica's Kishane Thompson more motivated after thrilling 100m finish against Noah Lyles
- Why Fans Think Camila Cabello Shaded Sabrina Carpenter During Concert
- 'Monsters' star Nicholas Alexander Chavez responds after Erik Menendez slams Netflix series
- David Sedaris is flummoxed by this American anomaly: 'It doesn't make sense to me'
- A Mississippi company is sentenced for mislabeling cheap seafood as premium local fish
- Bowl projections: James Madison, Iowa State move into College Football Playoff field
- In effort to refute porn-site message report, Mark Robinson campaign hires a law firm
- Julianne Hough Reveals Her “Wild” Supernatural Abilities
- NCAA hits former Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh with suspension, show-cause for recruiting violations
- The chunkiest of chunks face off in Alaska’s Fat Bear Week
Ranking
- How effective is the Hyundai, Kia anti-theft software? New study offers insights.
- Wisconsin capital city sends up to 2,000 duplicate absentee ballots, leading to GOP concerns
- More women are charged with pregnancy-related crimes since Roe’s end, study finds
- Exclusive First Look: Charlotte Tilbury 2024 Holiday Beauty Collection, Gift Ideas & Expert Tips
- Connie Chiume, South African 'Black Panther' actress, dies at 72
- Dolly Parton Has the Best Reaction After Learning She and Goddaughter Miley Cyrus Are Actually Related
- Best Free People Deals Under $50 -- Boho Chic Styles Starting at $14, Save Up to 69%
- Boeing’s ability to end a costly strike and extra FAA scrutiny looks uncertain
Recommendation
Google unveils a quantum chip. Could it help unlock the universe's deepest secrets?
T.I. and Tameka Tiny Harris Win $71 Million in Lawsuit Against Toy Company
Fantasy football Start ‘Em, Sit ‘Em: 16 players to start or sit in Week 4
Proof Austin Swift's Girlfriend Sydney Ness Is Just as Big a Football Fan as Taylor Swift
Former Milwaukee hotel workers charged with murder after video shows them holding down Black man
Julianne Hough Shares Surprising Reaction to Run-In With Ex Brooks Laich and His New Girlfriend
Democrats are becoming a force in traditionally conservative The Villages
Video shows woman rescued from 'precariously dangling' car after smashing through garage